Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Second half of enlargement project...

Here's the second half of my experiment based on some 6 x 6 paintings I recently completed on boards supplied by the Animal Rescue League (they went to good homes). As noted in my last post, I had studied the subjects for so long, the images were rather tattoo-ed on my brain. And because they were images of especially loved pets, I decided to use that experience of creating small images as studies for making larger 8 x 10 versions on canvas for my own enjoyment. Here is the second of two -- it was nice to be able to include a bit more detail in a larger size, but it's really a labor of love more than anything else. As usual, the image here has been resized / adjusted for uploading.
I have many new paintings planned. Next may be my sister's dog (which I owe her for her birthday, which was a couple of weeks ago!)

No comments:

Post a Comment